Tuesday, December 07, 2010

At Last, I Present to You: Etude House BB Magic Balm SPF 30

I've been using this since I got it with my first Gmarket haul. And I've been telling myself over and over how I have to post a review. The first set of pictures I lost, then I took another set months later, and who knows what happened to those. So today, I told myself, hey! just do it! and so here it is.

On the bright side, it's given me a lot more time to try the product out and make sure I like it.

I started using this most during summer and I've found that results during summer and results during winter are different because of my skin conditions. During the summer, it was hot and my skin would produce a little more oil. Therefore, I'd put on the bb balm and an hour later it looked like I had no makeup on, it melted into my skin. Don't misunderstand though, I don't mean it wore off, I still had the coverage, but I guess the extra skin oil gave it a bit more of a natural-er look. I was wowed.

Winter though, is a bit of a different story, my skin doesn't produce as much oil, so I don't get as much of a melt it effect, it sits on top more, so closer to a foundation I would say. It feels ever so slightly drying too, so now I first put on a little bit of moisturizer beforehand. I know a lot of you do that anyways before makeup application, but I didn't do that under the bb balm during summer.

The balm looks kind of darker so you might be afraid that it won't be your skin color, but that's not true, it's actually very light when applied as you can see from my pictures. And BB cream/ balm is different from foundation as many of you know because it does  tend to adjust to skin tones. This also comes with a synthetic applicator brush which I love. It helps you to get the right amount of product and apply smoothly. You only need a dab of this at a time. Too much and you'll look like you're caking it on- very unflattering.
There's not really any added fragrance that I can detect. It just smells like makeup- like what makes up the makeup. I think..if I remember right, I've had this for ~ 1 yr, and look, I haven't even reached the bottom yet!

I definitely love this, I've exchanged my concealer + powder routine for this because it feels a lot more lighter. I don't care about 100% coverage of my acne scars, but this does a much better job than the Missha or other creams that I've tried. I think it's because it's a thicker balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment