Thursday, March 24, 2011

Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and Microdermabraison & Peel System


I'm not old.. per say, but I noticed that my skin is fast accumulating microwrinkles and just not what it used to be. I have drier skin genetically, so that may be part of the reason. Drier skin = faster aging. So I decided to look into some products to help deal with it. From what I gather, Olay's wrinkle stuff doesn't work too well, but their "regenerist" is pretty good. I may have to go to Neutrogena for wrinkles.
     Anyways, I picked up these two products because they seem to have high ratings and I imagine that means that they have 80% chance of effectiveness.


They're a lot tinier than I thought!! Which makes me think, wow so expensive, this better work! The pic with my hands should give a fairly good idea. Also, it seems like the second bottle for the microdermabraison has been tampered with... im not sure if there's supposed to be a seal in there but there wasn't. I used it anyways, hope I don't die.

The Regenerating serum felt a little like the texture of mineral oil. Slightly oily. After a few minutes though it will sink in and feel like nothing is on your skin. I didn't experience any burning/ other feeling, so we'll just have to wait to see if there are any results.

The crystals for the microdermabraison smell soo good, a fruity smell. I love the microcrystals, they really seem to exfoliate well because it really does feel like sandpaper on my skin. Usually i have to rub really hard with exfoliators, but if you don't use a light hand with this you may sand your face off. o.o The step two is also a more viscous thing reminescent of some kind of oil. When you apply it onto the crystal mask it does really seem to dissolve the crystals, and there's a little bit of warmth but it's not uncomfortable. This may even work better than the blackhead scrubs. People say that you end up with "pellets" of skin coming off, but i think half of it might just be the crystals/ step 2 as they create a slight lather. Since it does a thorough job of exfoliating, i think that there is probably skin for part of it. I don't recommend using this more than 2 times a week- as it says on the packaging. The constant irritation my have adverse effects on your skin instead. It is the best at feeling like a sandpaper.
When I only put the crystals on, my lip started burning for some reason, i didn't get any product there. I guess that's why they tell you to keep it away from the eyes.
My skin was softer after use, but i wonder if that might not be from just being wet. 
Strange enough! It did this to my nails, granted i didn't have a topcoat, but it does do something. 

What do you think, did a make a difference? Not yet right? It makes the scars look more defined instead. I'll have to try it for a couple months and get back to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment