Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Sample Society: October 2012

Back on the regular delivery schedule, yes! This is going to be a more brief post.


1. Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Shampoo



  • Sizeable, smells of lemons/ citrus, transparent orange.
  • Many volumizing shampoos work by stripping your hair of most things so that it is lighter, and gives more "volume". That's exactly how this one works. Hair was stripped within a millimeter of its life. It went back to the super damaged feeling that I got right after rinsing hair dye out. This is supposed to help protect color? I don't think so. A good amount of hair dye was stripped out. In this case, it's ok because I've been saying this time it was dyed too dark.
  • Even with heavy conditioning, the next morning my hair wasn't as healthy, and was super frizzy. Even an hour of fiddling with it couldn't tame it. I was going to use the Shu Uemura Shampoo Oil I just got (thanks Birchbox!), but thought to use this and review instead. BIG MISTAKE. Ended up going to my interview with the most dreadful hair! >.<
  • HATE THIS.
2. Erno Laszlo Phormula 3-9 BalmRich Repairative Moisturizer Smooth scars, wounds, burns, and dry skin with this intensive nourishing balm. Dryness, redness and puffiness are effectively treated beneath the balm's protective Health Dome. Skin is strengthened while irritation is reduced.




  • Thick texture, unscented, maybe a little less dryer? It's hard to test the long term effects with so little.
3. Jane Iredale Tantasia Self Tanner


  • Smells lightly of lemons. I have no desire to tan, so maybe one of you can tell us how it is. It seems like a product many will use in the winter to keep their color.
4. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive 

  • Green, minty, lots of particles for exfoliation, and something that I have reviewed previously (I think? Somewhere?). You only need a little bit. I really liked the product and am happy to have a larger amount ^^
5. Aromachology Clean & Fresh Eau De Parfum



  • O.M.G, my nose is in pain X_X, Smells like laundry/ Febreeze. If you like the stuff, then this is the product for you. To me, it seems like something that should be sprayed on clothes instead. I personally hate Febreeze, so I'll pass. VERY STRONGLY SCENTED.
6. Herban Essentials Lavender Towelette
  • Will throw in bag and let you know how it is after I use it =D
And that's it for this month. Given a choice I might have passed on this box, but they can't all be superstar boxes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment