Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Beauty Bar + Allure: Sample Society June 2012

Without further adieu, let's get started!

The packaging has changed. Am I thankful? Yes. Now I don't have to pry the box open. I'm guessing this is after they saw Glossybox because the inside is strangely familiar too... haha. You have to make sure to tear only the top layer of cardboard because the bottom flap isn't perforated. 




1. Alterna Bamboo Style Boho Waves- combines strengthening organic bamboo extract and nourishing blue yucca root in a weightless texturizing spray that instantly gives you natural, tousled, "just-back-from-the-beach" waves. Adds texture, volume and shine


  • The packaging works really well. It really gives a full spray which was so surprising. 
  • Supposed to give you the beach tousled waves look
  • I used about 1 cm and this is what I ended up with after scrunching. Hands were sticky, so I assume it has some hold, but it didn't last too long. Maybe I didn't use enough product or my hair's too heavy? There was definitely some definition after drying though.
  • Full size 4.2 fl oz $22, sample size .85 fl oz worth $4.45
2. Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream-targets dark spots and radiance, and moisturize. Inspired by the original anti-ageing powerhouse, Premier Cru The Cream, this new, highly active formula targets the delicate eye area to revitalize and renew skin for transformational results.Targeting all signs of ageing around the eyes: wrinkles, loss of elasticity, dehydration, malnourishment, dark circles, puffiness, dark spots and loss of radiance.



  • This is the lightest eye cream I've ever tried. Whether or not it works we shall see. Well not really because it'd take a lot longer to really tell. Couldn't hurt to try during these summer months with damaging rays though
  • Full size .51 fl oz $95, sample size .03 fl oz worth $5.59
3. Oscar de la Renta Live in Love



  • Know what's funny? When I made my Beauty Bar order for the REN Glycolactic Peel, I chose this as one of my samples. I didn't like it then because it smelled heavily of alcohol.
  • Strangely enough, trying out the scent from a mini, it's different. Now I can smell a sharp fresh fragrance reminiscent of Chanel's Guilty in the Allure magazine sample. It is sweeter smelling than the male Guilty (geared more to females).
  • Cute packaging, and tons of product for you to try
  • Full sized 1 oz $58, sample size .1 fl oz worth $5.80
4. Jane Iredale jane iredale Just Kissed Lip Plumper - Just Kissed Lip Plumper features spearmint and peppermint oils, in combination with ginger root extract, to stimulate blood circulation making lips fuller faster without pain. Shea butter, sunflower oil and aloe vera soften and hydrate lips, while the essential oils of lemon and tangerine help to exfoliate dead skin cells



  • Completely forgot this was a lip plumper. The cinnamon flavored tingling definitely surprised me.
  • Creamy, lightweight red. Satin Finish.
  • I actually wanted to try Milan, but Tokyo's a nice color too. I will wear it out.
  • Full size .08 oz worth $25, sample size ?







5. Murad Acne Clarifying Cleanser- contains various organic and pharmaceutical ingredients that cools and calms inflamed skin. It also can provide powerful antibacterial protection to inhibit blemish formation. 



  • LOL. I just saw a travel size of this in a neighbor's bathroom.
  • EDIT: It's nice, kinda freaked out when my face started tingling and getting strangely cool. Then I read the ingredients and saw that it has menthol. Then again, I did use about 4x the needed amount (for some reason was thinking that I needed as much as I do for shampoo). Salicylic acid doesn't really work for me, so can't comment too much on that.
  • Full size 6.75 oz worth $26, sample size 2 fl oz worth $7.70


OVERALL:
Box Value: ~23.54 + lip plumper
Thoughts: Some interesting products in this one. Not sure if I will be purchasing any as of right now.

See anything you'd like or like to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment