Friday, January 22, 2010

Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki Brush


Soo...I went on a search for a good kabuki brush. After reading all the reviews I decided on this one, Eco Tools Retractable Kabuki. I was debating whether or not to order online, but then figured I'd see if my Rite Aid had it first, just so I could see what the brush was like. To my surprise, it was only $7.99!! The cheapest I saw online was $8.99 at Drugstore.com. So I grabbed it up since it was the last one there.

I will say now that this is one of my happiest purchases recently. NO JOKE. The synthetic fibers are soo soft, and yet it's thick enough to be stiff enough to apply stuff.

The packaging I think is strange though. They say it's environmentally friendly because it's reusable (before I figured that out I couldn't figure out how to open it since it looked like there was a ziploc type opening. Turns out you have to cut the top off) but honestly, it's made of vinyl. No matter how many plastic zippers you put on it, normal consumers me will just throw it away. It doesn't look like a nice enough pouch to keep, and besides, it's hard to get the brush out of such a small thing. And you will have made it worse for the environment than if you had just used thinner plastic.

The metal piece that covers the bristles feels kind of weak and loose, but for the price I don't care. I do keep trying to twist that piece though since it's called a "Retractable Kabuki". But this name is misleading because it's not retractable, rather it's coverable. First to put it away you have to pull up the metal piece to close the bristles, only then can you cap it.

It's about 1 and 1/8" in diameter and 3 and 3/4" long, so it's not that small of a brush. Now that I think about it, I think this may have been the brush that the girl applying makeup on the train last year was using. I remember the long tube with a brush. huh.

For those who are worried, no hairs have fallen out yet.

One thing that I thought was really funny is that if I swirl the brush around my cheeks a couple times, I can feel the static electricity between the brush and my face XD. It starts to lift my face hairs, haha. I think it may be that I have too much hair on my face or something @.@.

I know most of my posts only list bad things about products, but I can happily say, that I love this brush and I don't regret buying it at all!

My next brush that I'm looking into is Too Faced's Kabuki since it has great reviews, only thing is that it's very expensive $30, so I'm waiting until I can find it for cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment