Monday, September 24, 2012

GMarket Haul: It's Here!

Hi my lovelies~

     It's been a long while since I've done much but beauty subscription box reviews. This post is to welcome back reviews of other things. =D

Today I got a nice surprise. Turns out the mailman does knock when leaving packages. I've long suspected that they just leave the "attempted delivery" notice and don't bother coming to the door.

GMarket has returned to putting random item values on the boxes. Whew.



 Etude House really lavished each item with bubble wrap. At least four layers for each item. I used to wonder why people would bother shipping hair dye over. Seems like a heavy waste of money. But then I got curious about the products myself XD. The boxes are much larger than that of those here in the US. I think I will try using Mocha Pink first since my hair is drastically different at the roots. The pink and green boxes are extras.


You want to know what's in the pink box right? ;) It's a bit of a disappointment. I purposely only bought a certain amount because I wanted the other body wash or whatever set to try. Guess they ran out or something. Normally this would be a nice gift, but I already got this green set last time. Still haven't even used it.


Got a bag! Aw, I should've checked the dimensions better. This is way thin. The material is of a nice heft though. Doesn't feel too cheap. It has an attachable shoulder strap. Scissors for size reference.


This was a HUGE disappointment. First of all, I'm pretty sure I ordered gray. This looks like a beige. It doesn't seem that bad from the photo, but in real life it looks awkward. Even more disappointing than that is the fabric. It looks like it's made out of potato sack. The material is so coarse. For ~$30, this is not what I should be getting. If you said $10-$15 I might just chalk it up to being unlucky. This is downright swindling people!



To be extra sure, I took the vest into natural light? Is anyone seeing gray? If so, let me know, we can go to the eye dr. together. I implore you to look at the button, which is clearly brown.



The blazer was also a disappointment. You said this is your best seller? HA! The proportions aren't right on this thing, it's too short and wide. I ordered the same size as above. The material is even coarser than the vest above. It's actually stiff. And so so thin. I knew it was a bit thin from pictures, but this is ridiculous. The buttons are also not what I imagined, very cheap looking. That's not a big problem because I can exchange them, but the actual blazer is total junk. I ordered this after falling in love with the same style on a drama. Looks nothing like it.






 The green book is an album for mini instax photos. Very happy with it ^^. Looks exactly like what I wanted. The bows are all as expected. I saw the free gift bow and was like.. what is this? I didn't order this. I wouldn't order this... I think the coolest item is probably the huge circle clip thingy. There's also a Tony Moly highlighter.

The shoes are supposed to be pink leather. It looks more like nude pink instead of the bright cute happy pink I was expecting. The cut is also a bit strange so it looks like it's made for a granny. They give you padding. It's thoughtful, but looks strange if you use it because the toe area of the shoe will be white.




Overall I'm satisfied with half my order, and hate the other half. I will review the cosmetics and such later on. It's a shame that the items I dislike most are the most expensive -___-. Apparently it's best to stick with ordering cosmetics and small accessories from GMarket. I have always seen other people ordering apparel and thought "wow.. that's so ugly" while the blogger gushed about how much they loved the product. I'm convinced there's just not really anything worth getting from the apparel department. For me at least.

This order left me feeling a bit empty (not even that many freebies), so I will be placing another one next month. That one will be focused more on cosmetics and little random things. First I want to see if they'll refund me for the wrong vest though.

No comments:

Post a Comment