Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sample Society: September 2012

I've updated my September Birchbox post with a quick review and swatches of the Wei to Go.

Sample Society was late again this month (first time I've ever gotten my Birchbox first), but we were all eagerly awaiting it to see what "most glamorous box" means. My UPS guy left the box at the front door with a THUD.




1. Ahava Purifying Mud Mask




  • I was itching to try this ever since I saw it on Birchbox. Felt some skin tightening when the clay was drying. 
  • Not bad, don't see any major changes
  • Full size 4.4 oz $30, sample size 0.9 oz worth $6.14

2. Borghese B Gloss- Fiore



  • I haven't been using lipglosses lately, even wondered if this might make me look like a little kid again. That wasn't the case at all. This gloss has a touch of brown, making it reminiscent of that Glossybox gloss by Sierra Cosmetics. 
  • Smells like almonds, actually does give off a "glamourous" effect.
  • Full size .21 fl oz worth $18.50, sample size .16 fl oz worth $14.10

3. CellCeuticals Extremely Gentle Skin Cleanser


  • Clear, runny, smells faintly chemical.
  • Definitely non drying, but I felt like I couldn't wash the product completely off. Perhaps the residue is the reason why my skin feels so smooth and soft on the surface.
  • Full size 6.7 oz $35, sample size 2 oz worth $10.45
4. Diptyque Fragrance 

  • Liking the spray application, smells kind of perfumey, a little fruit, kind of plant like. It's an interesting smell
  • Full size 3.4 fl oz $120, sample size .06 fl oz worth $3.14


5. Stila Cosmetics Smudge Crayon- Smoke




  • I like the color. It applies smoothly, but becomes very hard to blend. Rinsed right off while I was washing the mud mask off my face.
  • Full size .04 oz $22, sample size ?



Overall Box Value: ~$33.83 + stila smudge crayon.

No comments:

Post a Comment