I didn't read the content card before diving into the box contents. So when I saw this XOXO card I thought it was the "clue card" for the Gossip Girl finale. Except, well as you can see the other side is blank. This seriously confused me and thoughts went from "maybe I got a defect" to "is there some secret way to decode this blank piece of paper". I even lit a candle under the paper to see if any hidden words would show up. Nope, it doesn't work. Turns out it's literally just a blank card.
1. Birchbox Notecards- Each 12-pack comes with four shades—bright orange, marigold yellow, deep purple, and forest green—along with a pack of Birchbox Pink envelopes.
- Uhm, there's not much to say. 12 for $10, worth $0.83
2. Dr.Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm- spf 25+ A moisturizer, sunscreen, and treatment serum all-in-one, this tinted balm even helps hide imperfections—so there’s no need for foundation or cover-up.
- I have compared it with other Dr. Jart+ BB Creams HERE
- Full sized 1.7 fl oz $32.00, sample size .06 fl oz worth $1.13
3. Color Club Foil Collection Nail Polish- Disco Nap
- WOW! This seriously looks like liquid metal going on. I'm used to glittery/ shiny polishes going on streaky.
- With only one coat, the polish is seriously opaque. You can use two for insurance.
- Very smooth application
- Can't stop staring *-* prefer to have the pink one though.
- Full sized 0.5 fl oz $8.00, sample size 0.25 fl oz worth $4.00
4. Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm
- Comes in a sturdy glass jar.
- Cream is smooth and not too thick.
- Full sized 15 ml $65.00, sample size 7 ml worth $30.33
5. Ojon Volume Advance Volumizing Shampoo- We swear by Ojon’s coconut-derived formula, which boosts volume by gently getting rid of the scalp oils and residue that weigh hair down. Gentle enough for even baby-fine hair, the natural formula uses a blend of rare tropical nut oils and botanicals that nourish strands.
- Smelled so good I stuck my nose right in it
- Hair does indeed feel clean
- I don't have a volume problem with hair, so didn't see much volumizing action
- Full size 8.5 fl oz $22, sample size 1 fl oz worth $2.59
Overall Box Value: ~$38.88
ITEMS: I'm pretty happy with this box, there were a lot of different items to try. A bit sparse on the number though >.>
Last month's box is still my favorite of Birchbox so far, but we shall see what else is in store.