Sunday, May 06, 2012

Review: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15

Have you checked out the Free Things I'm Giving Away?

The first time I came to know about this product was through the many Birchbloggers raving about their box find. Needless to say, my eyes lit up with envy. These solid tubes of balm just seemed to have a certain exclusive high class feel to them. At $22, I'd say it's nowhere near Chapstick level.

Although the price tag kept me away, I couldn't help but want to try them out at least. Went to Sephora and had absolutely no idea how to open them! Turns out it's a twist cap -___- figures. If you've been to a store where they let you test products, then you know stuff generally looks gross. The mushed up balm mess I saw was no exception (I didn't try it).

So when I saw that this year Sephora's birthday gift was a mini duo set of this balm, I ran around screaming YAYAYAYYAYAY!!! THANK YOU SEPHORA!! I should also say here that you shouldn't be shy to walk into Sephora and only pick up the birthday gift. I was that self conscious person who didn't want to just take the gift without buying anything. Take the gift. You just walk up to their cash register and present them with the birthday card they mail you. The birthday gifts are set aside separately and labeled as such.

They're really cute. Left my hand in there for general size reference.




O.M.G. EVERYONE needs to go our right now and get this if you have chapped lips. It's hard to tell, but in the pictures I purposely left my lips dry, chapped, and peeling to test the effect of this lip treatment. Within minutes I had soft, supple lips (I DARE you to kiss me!). This lip balm treatment is the best that I've ever tried. It works better than Vaseline.

It has no taste (I don't eat my lip products, but some of you do so I tasted it just for you =D), is very emollient, and smells faintly of vanilla.

My previous favorite was a Pangea Organics Lavender Lip Balm. That one works nicely as well but is half the retail price of the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. The Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment is a very thick balm, so if thick balms aren't your thing, then the Pangea Organics Lip Balm would be better suited to you.

I love the tint of color that the Rose one gives, and now I want the Passion one as well haha. I've never finished a stick of balm ever, so these mini sized ones are perfect (wish they'd make minis of the other colors). I keep the brown one at home, and the Rose one in my purse for those on the go touch ups.

EDIT: See swatch of Passion HERE.

Tried it before? Which tint color do you use?

2 comments:

  1. I'm jelly :P They look awesome. And I can relate. I'm one of those shy people that can't just pick up the Birthday gift without buying anything... Also I think these are in May's birchbox right? :D So I might get one anyway. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did see them in a couple of Birchboxes, so I keep secretly wishing for them XD!

    ReplyDelete